Our gumdrops sparkle with golden rich fall colors for the holidays.
Makes: 2 dozen gumdrops
4 Tbsp gelatin
1 cup cold water
1 ½ cups boiling water
4 cups sugar
¼ tsp flavored extract (lemon, cherry, or orange)
1 packet ColorKitchen Pink Food Color
1 packet ColorKitchen Yellow Food Color
Sugar for coating
1. In a large pot, soften gelatin in cold water for five minutes.
2. Stir in boiling water until gelatin dissolves.
3. Stir in sugar.
4. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and boil for 25 minutes. Stir constantly.
5. In 2 small bowls mix color powder with ¼ tsp water. Mix until dissolved into paste.
6. Pour 2 cups gelatin mixture into glass container. Add first color paste and stir until completely blended.
7. Pour 2 cups gelatin mixture into second glass container. Add next color paste and stir until completely blended.
8. Pour into molds.
9. Cover pan and chill overnight in the refridgerator.
10. Remove from molds and roll in sugar to coat.
11. Place gumdrops on wax paper and leave at room temperature for two days to crystallize.
Store in an airtight container.