ColorKitchen Gluten-free Red Velvet Cake Mix is colored with a brilliant, naturally sourced plant-based red. This artificial dye-free and non-GMO ready-made mix contains over 90% organic ingredients!
Use your favorite vanilla or cream cheese frosting and top with sparkly red sugar for the perfect Holiday dessert.
Natural Colored Sanding Sugar Recipe:
1. Your can make a vibrant Red using ColorKitchen Pink & Yellow color, or with our new Red Velvet color!
1. 1+ ¼ Yellow color packet, and 1 Pink color packet, or 1 tsp Red Velvet color.
2. Decide how much you want to make: 1 tsp Color (each packet contains 1 ½ tsp powder) to 1 cup of sugar (we used coarse sugar)
3. Place ColorKitchen color powders in bowl/container with lid.
4. Add 1 to 2 drops of water, just enough to get the color to dissolve to a syrup consistency, and stir.
5. Place your cup of sugar in the bowl and cover with lid.
6. Shake and turn for 1-2 minutes. Open the lid and check for color coverage.
7. Pour sugar on parchment paper and let stand until completely dry.
8. Place in airtight container and use for decorating cookies, cupcakes, and more!