Cute and colorful mini gluten-free doughnuts made with ColorKitchen Red Velvet Cake Mix, topped with naturally colorful icing and sprinkles.
1 ColorKitchen Gluten-Free Red Velvet Cake Mix
½ cup oil
1 cup milk or milk substitute
⅓ cup yogurt
2 tsp vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl mix cake mix, eggs, oil, milk, yogurt, and flour together until combined and smooth.
3. Oil and flour mini-doughnut tins thoroughly.
4. Fill each tin ½ full with batter.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes or until fully baked. Check every 5 minutes and remove from oven if browning.
6. Let cool before removing.
1. Blend dry ingredients: powdered sugar and color. For this recipe we used 1 packet per color (pink, blue, yellow, orange and green food color packets).
2. Add milk and flavor (optional). Stir until fully blended.
3. Dip top of doughnuts in colored icing. Once dry dip a second time if needed.
4. Add sprinkles while icing still wet.