This delicious pie is rich and chocolaty, made from healthy raw and refined sugar-free ingredients. Enjoy with orange icing (mix of yellow and beet red ColorKitchen color packets) on top for a fall dessert this Halloween or Thanksgiving.
Makes: 7" pie
- 1½ cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1½ cups raw pecans
- 4 tbsp coconut oil, warm or liquefied
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp maple syrup (or honey, agave, or liquid coconut nectar)
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
Place all the ingredients in a food processor and blend until combined and sticky. Transfer into pie dish. Form into a pie crust by pressing it down with your hands and smoothing until it's even around the edges and flat on the bottom. Place the pan into the refrigerator to firm up while making filling.
CHOCOLATE FILLING INGREDIENTS:
- 1 cup coconut oil, liquefied
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 6 tbsp maple syrup (or honey, agave, or liquid coconut nectar)
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- dash of salt
Place all chocolate ingredients into food processor and blend well. Pour chocolate mixture into pie crust and chill until firm.
Once firm, drizzle colored icing on top and leave out until room temperature before serving.